Vintage Watch Parts respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
The British company, VintageWatchParts.net, is the controller of the the personal data you submit to us. We do not own your data.
Please contact our data privacy manager, if you have any questions about this privacy notice or if you wish to exercise your legal rights.
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that Vintage Watch Parts has about you.
- Correct any information that Vintage Watch Parts has about you.
- Delete any information that Vintage Watch Parts has about you.
The data we collect about you.
Personal data is any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. (It does not include data where the identity has been removed – anonymous data.)
Personal data we collect from you includes: first name, last name, marital status, title and gender.
Contact data includes: billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Financial data includes: Bank account and card payment details. We as a company do not store financial data from our customers. We process transactions through a 3rd party payment gateway, Stripe or Paypal.
Technical data includes: IP address, browser type, time zone setting and location.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you.
How is your personal data collected?
There are a number of different methods we may use to collect data from you.
You may give us identity and contact details by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or in person.
This includes the data you provide when you purchase product(s) from Vintage Watch Parts, subscribe to our mailing list, enter a competition or promotion or give us feedback.
As you use our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. This data is collected using cookies.
Third parties / publicly available sources:
Analytics provided by Google, inside and outside the EU.
Advertising networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, inside and outside the EU.
How do we use your personal data?
We will only ever use your personal data when the law permits us to. Your personal data will be used only for the following:
- When we need to fulfil the contract we have entered with you (delivering your goods).
- When we need to contact you, to update you on the progress of your order.
- To deliver relevant marketing communications though our mailing list – which you have willingly consented to receive. (This is what we call marketing, we may use your identity, technical and usage data to form a view on what we think you may be interested in receiving from our mailing list.)
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We do not use your data to make automated decisions.
We do not share your personal data with any company outside of:
‘Mailchimp’ which is used for delivering our newsletter to you.
‘Stripe’ and ‘Paypal’ which are used for processing transactions.
‘Royal Mail’, ‘Parcel Force’ and ‘Hermes’ are utilised as shipping couriers of our products, your name and address details are shared with them in order to fulfil your order.
You can opt out of our marketing emails at anytime, by clicking the opt out / unsubscribe links on any marketing message sent to you.
You may also contact us directly and we will remove you from our marketing campaign.
You can set your browser to refuse all, or just some cookies. You can also set alerts for when websites set or access cookies.
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
We have appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. To protect it from being accidentally lost, used or accessed / used in any unauthorised way.
We have procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you of any breach where we are legally required to do so.
Vintage Watch Parts only retains your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, unless required by law.
We will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with all of our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
Your legal rights.
Under GDPR, you have the rights to:
- Be informed of exactly how your personal data is being used by Vintage Watch Parts.
- Know exactly what information is being stored by Vintage Watch Parts.
- Rectify the data we have stored if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Have us erase all of your data without a specific reason.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Object to your personal data being used.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us to confirm your identity and to ensure your right to access your personal data.
This is a security measure to ensure that only you are able to access your own personal data.